lunes, 13 de junio de 2011

My First DAPA

DAPA

*      Karla started at seven o’clock by greeting the class.
*      She asked students if they knew how to play tennis.
*      Victor Hugo answered her.
*      Teacher asked the rules of playing tennis.
*       She gave instructions to the class but she did not CCQ.
*      Teacher divided the class, boys and girls.
*      She gave some pieces of paper.
*      Students had to scramble the words.
*      Students seemed to be on task.
*      Students had to show the opposite group the scrambled words for them to guess.
*      Each group had ten seconds to guess each word.
*      Then the teacher said who the winner was.
*      After, the teacher asked some questions.
*      Students shared their ideas.
*      The warm-up finished.

ANALISYS PHASE (A)
ATWIKA CM, Karlita seemed to be very confident and comfortable towards students’ attitude.
ATWIKA Giving Instructions, she tried to provide a clear direction to students but in somehow they were lost.
ATWIKA CCQing, she could have asked one student about the procedure of the warm-up, but she did not.
ATWIKA VAKTing, Karla brought some color pieces of pares representing the tennis game and that definitely helped students to predict or to have an idea of what the war-up was about.

PLAN OF ACTION (PA)
If I had the opportunity to do Karlita’s warm-up activity, I would do it. However, I would be clear in given instructions and in stating the purposes of the warm-up. Besides, I would bring materials that may represent my warm-up to make it more interesting and mainly because I know that the ninety percent of students are visual. Definitely, I consider that I should bring more energy to my class to have a meaningful learning.
Some questions I am thinking about or questions to reflect on:
·         How can I VATing my activities in the classroom?
·         What should I do to KISS my instructions?
·         How could I be more energetic?
·         How can I involve all my students?
·         How can I time my activities?
·         How could I minimized TTT and maximized STT?
 
Advice for novice and pre-service teachers
ü  Plan your activities accordingly to avoid improvisation.
ü  Apply the right level of difficulty to each activity.
ü  Think about how to time activities accordingly because it is necessary to maximized time in the classroom.
ü  KISS it; don’t forget to CCQing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario