domingo, 10 de abril de 2011

My Classroom Observation at Junior High school "Alejandro de Humboldt"



        One week has passed since I started to go to junior high school, and I have noticed that to deal with teenagers is not as easy as it seems. However, having worked with some teens at church has helped me a lot since I got some experience. Nevertheless, it is somehow different to teach junior high school students than to teach kindergartners or religious children so that for me to teach junior high school students is challenging. I remember that during my classroom observations, a group of ninth grade students was looking at me in a way that scared me (the majority of them were boys); therefore, I decided not to teach ninth grade students but seventh grade students. The teacher whom I observed was amazed of seeing me there since I had been one of his farmer English students; I was a little uncomfortable there, and so was he. After the first observation he was sincere and explained to me all difficulties an English teacher has in that school in regards to the size of the classroom, numerous quantities of students, and lack of materials and resources. To tell the truth, I could see his honesty, sincerity, and willingness to make the learning process more interesting to his students no matter how hard it could be. Finally, that teacher told me something that really struck my mine; he told me “This group of students (seventh grade students) is in your hands, so do whatever you consider good for them.” “Don’t worry; I’m here to learn from you, too.” So, I really appreciate his desire to help me and his humbleness, too.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario